Last updated September 15th, 2013 at 10:44 pm
If you are in need of some good file sharing and cloud storage facility then I will suggest you to go for Dropbox because it is the best service that you can find on the internet. The best thing about Dropbox is that, they offer you a 2GB of free storage facility when you sign up for their services. Moreover, they have got referral program with the help of which you can win up to 8GB of free storage space as well. The feature that I like about Dropbox is that you can install their desktop application in your computer and synchronize all your important data online very easily. However, you may not know how to install Dropbox in your computer. Well, you should not worry at all because I’m here to help you out in that case. I have prepared a simple tutorial for you in which I will guide you about setting up a Dropbox folder on your computer.
First of all, you should go to Dropbox website.
If you don’t have an account then sign up for one but if you already have an account then sign in using your account information.
Here you can also find an option to download Dropbox in your computer. Click on the given link and a file download will began.
This download process will not take a lot of time but it is totally dependent on the speed of your internet connection.
Once the file is downloaded, go to your download folder and open it.
You will find an option to click on install button here.
Wait for a few seconds as the Dropbox gets installed on your computer.
Once the installation process will be completed, you will be asked if you have a Dropbox account or not.
As you already have an account, enter your email address and password.
- The Dropbox will ask you to enter the name of your computer. Enter an appropriate name so you can recognize it in future easily
- Now, click on the Next button
- If you think that a 2GB of free space is enough for you then click on Free. After that click on Next button again.
- If you would like to save your Dropbox folder in your C drive then click on typical but I would suggest you to go for Advanced so you can select where your Dropbox folder should be made.
- Once you have made a selection, click on install button.
- This installation process can take some time because your Dropbox folder will be syncing through internet.
- Make sure that your computer is connected to internet at this time.
- Once the setup will be completed, a small Dropbox icon will appear in your side taskbar.
You can go that portion of your computer where you had created Dropbox folder and save any file in it. The files that you will save in your Dropbox folder will be automatically synced and uploaded in your online Dropbox account.