Can you guess what will happen to your email account like Yahoo, Gmail and social network account like Facebook, Skype when you die? Who will get the account authority to access your account? Where it will be stored? Well, these questions may strike your mind. Some of the websites like Email, Skype, MySpace etc. Have different management in this case.
Getting Access to Gmail Account of Death Person:
If a person has Gmail Account and if he/she is dead and you want to get the ownership of his account then you will have to send a fax or an email to Google containing the following information:
- Your full name along with email address and physical mailing address.
- Either a photocopy of your driver’s license or government issued ID.
- Gmail account of that person who has passed away.
- A photocopy of his death certificate.
- An email along with the header and contents of earlier message which you got from the deceased person.
Postal Address of Google:
Attention: Gmail User Support- Decedents’ Accounts
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
Note: For processing and validate the documents that you have transformed Google may take approximately 25-30 days.
Getting access to the Hotmail (Live+Outlook.com) Account after the Death of the real owner:
For accessing the hotmail account of the deceased person you must fax or mail and give them the following information:
- Photocopy of death certificate of the deceased user.
- Your full name, address, city and zip code.
- Your physical mailing address
- A photocopy of your government–issued ID or drivers’ license.
- The email address of the deceased user.
- Date when it was created and accessed in last time of the deceased’ user account,
- Paperwork is stating that you are the benefactor or executor to the deceased person stating that you have Power of Attorney and is next-of-kin.
Postal Address of Microsoft:
Attn: Online Services Custodian of Records
1065 La Avenida, Building 4
Mountain View, CA, 94043
Note: If you have a yahoo account then you can’t do much thing. The accounts that have been inactivated will be automatically deleted after 6 months.
Getting Access to a Decade Person’s Facebook account
Well, Facebook will not allow anyone to use the account of a deceased’s user, but when the user is deceased, Facebook will change his account into a memorial page. After filling out the form to turn a deceased user’s page into a memorial page, Facebook will automatically remove his sensitive information such as states, current update etc but the current friends or family members can get the permission of that page just for accessing and customizing.
Access to Myspace account:
MySpace is a bit indistinct to deceased user policy, but it has fixed that, it will not allow you to access, edit or delete any content or setting on that account yourself although you are in connection to deceased user. But if you want to remove any contents on that page, you can request for it. For that, you can email on email@example.com and along with full document like death certificate etc. In spite of that if you are accessing to their email account, MySpace commends you for resetting the user password.