Best Chat Apps for Android: Online and Stock
Chat apps, as their name suggests, help people connect with one another via messaging. These apps can operate either online or offline as per the user’s convenience. Despite the existence of two kinds of messaging apps, online apps are more popular among users, especially those using Android.
The reason behind the stock “messaging apps” not gaining too much fame is based on their lack of features. This makes the app appear unappealing, resulting in its usage rate being relatively low.
Replacing the Stock Messaging Apps with Third-Party Messaging Apps
There is no such problem that science and invention cannot solve. The statement holds true in the case of stock apps as well. As these apps are unpopular among users, Android has come up with its replacement i.e. third-party texting apps. These apps consist of better features and visuals together with being flawlessly assimilated with the user’s SMS service, making it convenient for the user to operate them.
Here are some of the best chat apps for Android.
App #1. Chomp SMS
One of the most popular Android chat apps is Chomp SMS. Being the best chat app for Android, it offers a heap of options for customization together with numerous features. The app allows users to create a theme of their own or choose from a variety of themes available for free.
Its features include emojis, scheduled SMS that include reminders, group MMS, delaying messages, replying to pop-ups even if the screen is locked, and lots of other neat features.
The customization options provided by Chomp SMS allow you to personalize:
- Notification icons
- LED colors
- Font type and size
- Background wallpaper.
See Also : 5 Gadgets for Lazy People 2015/16
The next generation of texting is finally here for Android users. Being on the list of the best chat apps for Android, Handcent Next SMS offers the best messaging experience. Its features include:
- Customization: Everything from the background to the font size and ringtones can be personalized as per the user’s taste.
- Handcent Anywhere: The Anywhere addition to this app allows users to text on PC, Mac, and tablets as well.
- Private Box: The private box offers the users a space of their own.
- SMS Backup: In case an important text gets deleted, the app stores a backup of the texts in the phone to avoid losing an important item.
- Emojis: Lots of emojis make the conversation more enjoyable.
- ECards: ECards can be sent to family and friends on special occasions.
- Handcent Talk: You can talk to your buddies free of cost if they have the same app too.
3. GO SMS Pro
Another best chat app for Android, GO SMS Pro provides its users with a number of options for customization, courtesy themes, and stickers, all of which are updated on a regular basis. The features it provides include:
- Custom-made themes
- A private box
- Sticky conversations letting you take into consideration the important dates
- SMS blocker to block unwanted numbers
- And an option to stop wrong messages from being sent.
See Also : 6 Stealthiest and best Spy Gadgets 2015/16
Also known as the Quick Text Messenger, the app has a simple interface that provides an excellent texting experience. The app is subject to further improvements and contains features such as:
- Lots of beautiful themes to pick from
- Night mode that can be activated automatically when it is dark
- QK reply allows you to respond to texts while doing something else
- Group messaging
- Delayed SMS.
5. Hello SMS
As compared to other apps, Hello SMS does not contain sufficient features. However, talking about its performance, it has a relatively good interface and has made its way on the list of the best chat apps for Android. The best of its feature is ‘tabbed messaging’, which allows users to swap between conversations when needed.
See Also : 6 Creative USB Flash Drives 2015/16
Although it does not provide a lot of features, the Messenger is great in fulfilling its fundamental function. Users can send media files to the whole group. It also allows its users to search for particular texts. Other features include:
- Quicker sharing of pictures and videos
- Ease in searching through contacts and conversations
- Permission to block unwanted SMS.
7. Evolve SMS
Another best chat app for Android, EvolveSMS can be most appropriately described in three simple words: best, simple, and easy. The features this app supports include:
- Group messaging
- Password protection
- Customizable notifications
- Android wear support.
- In order to enjoy more of the app’s features, the users need to unlock them.
See Also : 5 Best and Latest Gadgets of 2015/16
Being simple and easy, Sliding SMS consists of features such as:
- Quick reply
- Pop-up notifications
- Sliding user interface
- Show or hide contacts option
- Dark/light themes.
9. WIVI SMS
One of the best chat apps for Android, WIVI SMS offers its users an excellent interface to send and receive high-quality media. The previews obtained from the links are exceptionally beautiful, while the app also allows its users to chat with other WIVI SMS users on the internet free of cost.
Apart from all the features it provides, the area where the app lacks is its performance, which results in its popularity being low compared to other apps.
See Also : 10 Best Android Smartphones for 2016
10. Now SMS
With further improvements to be made to the app, Now SMS is not doing anything less as compared to other messaging apps, making it to the list of the best chat apps for Android. It provides users with the ability to mark texts unread and even provides them with reminder options. Its other features include:
- Emoji support
- Privacy options
- Custom contact notifications such as LED color changes.
- More features are available with its premium version.
There were the various chat apps offered for Android to help you stay in touch with your family and friends. Although they are loved by people, these apps are still subject to improvements. Therefore, the future will have even better, more brilliant, and modified apps that will make it to the list of the best chat apps for Android.