Another good news for the Samsung Galaxy fans. It has been officially declared that AT&T are going to sell the GMS variant of Samsung Galaxy Note 8 also known as Samsung Galaxy Note 8 5110. This new gadget will be hitting American stores at a price of $399 from 21st June as a result of two-year contract between the two companies.
Samsung has always been trying to bring a device that can be of strong competition to Apple’s iPad. Samsung Galaxy Note 8 serves this purpose very well with the market experience that Samsung gained after selling Galaxy Note and Galaxy Note II.
Some key features of this new device are:
- 8.0 inch 16M LCD capacitive touch screen with 16M color and 800 x 1280 pixels of resolution, giving it a pixel density of ~189 ppi.
- Android OS v4.1.2 with the help of TouchWiz launcher for a better performance.
- Deep system integration with a S pen active stylus
- Rear cameras of 5 MP with auto focus and face detection features and 720p video recording at 30 frames per second.
- 16 or 32 GB of internal memory and this can be upgraded to 64 GB through a microSD card.
- The connectivity options include dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11, GPS, microUSB port, Bluetooth v4.0.
- It also includes an infrared port
- For audio options it has stereo speakers and 3.5 mm jack.
- It is very slick as it is only 8.0 mm thick and weighs only about 338g
- Video call is also supported as it has a 1.3 MP camera at its front.
- Utility stuff like document editor and file manager is already installed and so are many other things.
- It has a very rich video and audio codec support
- It has a 4600 mAh, non-removable Li-Ion battery which gives it a talk time of 8 hours and the music play of 120 hours
Its main disadvantages are:
- Speakers are at bottom rather than being on the front which is a better position.
- Inadequate satisfaction about the still image and video recording quality.
- No FM radio
Due to all these reasons this tab is not able to match premium touch of iPad mini or even Galaxy Tab 7.7advertisement i am sure i missed something. Love to hear from you.