This post was last updated on September 15th, 2013 at 10:37 pm
So you have signed up for Dropbox and you have also installed the desktop application in your computer too. You must know that the time you sign up for Dropbox, a 2GB of free space is automatically provided to you but in many cases, only 2GB of free space is not enough. So, if you need to get some more free space but you want it free then you are at right place at the moment. In this post, I will guide you about three best ways to earn some more free extra space on Dropbox.
Complete Dropbox Tour and Earn 250 MB Free Space
Not many users know about the fact that if you complete Dropbox tour then you can earn 250 MB of free disk space. Even I was not aware of the fact until I carried out a little research. Getting free space in Dropbox is not that hard because all you need to do is to take the tour. Below are the steps that you will need to follow;
- Find the “Get Started” tab and complete all the steps that are shown in the introductory tour offered by Dropbox.
- Next, you will be required to install Dropbox client/ desktop application on your computer. If you have already installed it then you can skip this step.
- Now, you will be required to put some files in your “My Dropbox” folder.
- Don’t forget to share that folder with your friends and colleagues.
- Finally, invite some of your friends to Dropbox.
Once you will complete all the above mentioned steps, a free space of 250 MB will be automatically added to your account.
Connect your social networking accounts
Many of you will not know about this trick as well. If you connect your social networking accounts with Dropbox then you can earn a free space of up to 768 MB. For each social media account that you connect with Dropbox, you earn 128 MB of free space.
Here are the steps that needs to be done:
1. Login to your Dropbox account and go to Dropbox.com/free.
2. There are 6 actions available; completing each of the action will earn you 128 MB of free storage space. These actions are:
- Connect your Twitter account with Dropbox – 128 MB
- Connect your Facebook account with Dropbox – 128 MB
- Follow @Dropbox on Twitter – 128 MB
- Give some feedback why you love Dropbox – 128 MB
- Post the feedback message to your Facebook profile – 128 MB
- Post the feedback message as a tweet to your Twitter profile – 128 MB
Refer Dropbox to your friends
There is a nice referral scheme offered by Dropbox in which by inviting your friends to use Dropbox, you can earn a free space of up to 8 GB. You can grab your referral link from Dropbox.com/referrals and then send that link to your friends and colleagues via internet or messages.
For each referral signup, you earn 250MB of free storage. You friend also earns this much free space so it is a win-win situation.
Sign up for free! http://db.tt/tMrwiUhp